Friday, June 5, 2009

Barcelona

Hola amigos!

So since my last post was pretty short I wanted to update a bit more about Barcelona. I am sharing a room with a french girl who is super cute... the bubbly type. There are then two brazillian guys who are in the house, they are both really nice and are amazing cooks. They are even teaching me a few things. I am becoming quite domesticated while living here.... haha, who would have thought. The other girl is american and a very chill sort of person. She trys to help me with my spanish quite a bit and is good with making plans of place to go out.

When we go to the beach its to the same spot each day and there are always a group of guys down there that play music.... drums and guitar mostly. Its very relaxing though, sitting there and reading or practicing spanish with one of the regular guys that are down there.

Other than that I havent been doing a whole lot. Its been fairly hot where walking around the city gets annoying kinda quickly when I know I could be lying at the beach. Although, today was cloudy and a bit rainy so I did spend most of the afternoon exploring the city. I was in Barcelona a few years ago though so I feel like I have seen all of the main museums and sites of the city already. However, I would like to go to the Gaudi park... Parc Guelle (sp) one day. Also, there are supposed to be some prettier beaches just outside of barcelona that I was told I should check out.

For anyone that was waiting for a postcard, I have bought them, wrote on the back, and addresed them, I even bought stamps in amsterdam. ALthough, I still havent sent them.... yea I suck. I know where the post office is here though so I will go on Monday and mail them (maybe).

Ok, well I like hearing from everyone too.... I feel so cut off from people. I am having lots of fun traveling but I still want to know how everyone is doing. So feel free to send me a message or email letting me know what is up with you!

Amy

No comments: