Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dresden, Germany

I have been in Dresden Germany the last couple of days. I hadnt really planned on coming to Dresden at the begining of the trip but it was between Prague and Hannover so I figured why not. Its a medium sized city I would say, overall pretty good though.

I went to this national park, at least i think it was... could have just been a forest marked on a map, and saw this giant rock fortress thing. It took me like an hour train ride to get there and I didnt really know which stop it was so I just got off the train when a bunch of people with back packs and walking sticks got off. Haha, turned out to be the right stop so that was good. Then I just walked between these little towns along the river, it was really pretty. Yesterday I rented a bike and rode a little out of Dresden to see some castles. When I went to rent the bike though the guy told me to test it out before I took it and I almost crashed into a tree when I very first got on, graceful I know. I hadnt rode a bike in a while and it took me a minute to remember how to balance. No worries though, I made it through the whole day with out hitting a single thing.

Tomorrow I am going to Hannover to meet up with Mandy and the Germans I know. The girl at my hostel showed me this website that is like organized hitchhiking. So I am splitting gas money with two other girls and riding with them tomorrow morning. Im kind of excited because I think most of the way there is on the autobahn (sp?) and I havent rode on that before. I hope the girl driving likes to go fast and if she had a cool car that would be nice too. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well speed racer I hope the girl has a big car with a little engine that doesn't go faster than 70mph.
Love Mom