Thursday, May 7, 2009

Italy and Prague

The last couple weeks have been pretty fun. I just ended up leaving Italy yesterday.... I miss it already!! I went to Rome again which was ok.... it really just made me miss traveling with Jane and Peggy though, we had such crazy times there. Then up to Florence for a few days. I actually liked Florence a fair bit, but the city didnt seem to have too much going on. After that though we went down to Atrani in the Amalfi coast. This city was beautiful!! Plus we ended up making friends with the two Luigis who ran a bar restaurant. They were really great guys and we made multiple other friends while hanging out there, including the Aussi girls who became our travel mates for a few days.

While hanging out at Luigis us and the Aussis met a couple living in London and vacationing in Italy for like 4 months. They rented this really cute little villa and had us all over for a dinner party the next night. It was amazing, one of the best meals from my trip. It was a very nice quaint little night. The following night we had our first going away party at the bar. This included liters of drinks, Aussi Amy working behind the bar and making me an Acid Amy drink, and a few other shennanigans. After a few days hiking and beach going we went up to Naples.

From there we took a day trip to Pompeii. Ancient Pompeii is really neat to see, and if there werent heaps of tour groups it would be a great place to wander around for a few days. Naples was ok... not one of my favorites though. Although, Luca, from Houston, did come meet up with me here and it was nice for him to show me around for the night.

Yesterday I got into Prague. So far I love it, its such a beautiful city. Although, czech is a ridiculous language to try and speak. I took a walking tour today and learned all about the history of Prague, which I think has made me appretiate the city more. Most of its buildings werent destroyed during WWII so the old buildings are neat to see. Plus it has great views that get even better at night. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

No comments: