Monday, June 25, 2007

End of Rome

Hey all!

So we left rome last night and took a night train down to Sicily. So far Sicily is really really hot. But our hostel here is really nice so that was pretty good.

While I was in Rome I ended up meeting up with my friend Will from U of I. We all ended up just getting dinner and then hanging out on the Spanish steps. I think those might have been my favorite thing in Rome. They weren't the most breath taking or interesting, however they were the most fun area to go and visit. Another thing which I really liked was the Trevi Fountain. I'd put up pictures, but I don't have my wire to connect my camera with me now... sorry.

The last night in Rome we went on this bar crawl sorta thing. It was with a bunch of other college aged tourists, but it was kinda nice since none of us speak Italian well. We went to this one club at the end of the night which was a great time. Lots of dancing and I made friends with a couple of Roman guys, so I still got to hang out with the locals. And peggy and Jane met some Ukranian guys which was pretty funny.

That next morning we were supposed to check out of our hostel by 10am and since we all got home a wee bit tipsy at 4 or 5 am we forgot to set alarms and were rushed out of the hostel without time to really get ready at all. We then just spent our last day in Rome hanging out in this park... catching up on some sleep and then just relaxing a bit. We then took a 12 hour night train down to Sicily. However, the last stretch of it something was wrong.... we don't know what, as we couldn't understand what people were saying.... and ended up getting delayed for about 2 hours on the hot hot train. We are in Sicily for 2 nights now and then we head to Athens. Tomorrow is the half way mark of our trip, which is kinda exciting. We have been typically doing so much during the days and evenings it's hard to believe it has only been 3 weeks. I feel like i've been here for months already. Great times though.

If you read this leave me a comment about what you have been up to lately as I haven't been keeping in touch with everyone!

No comments: