Monday, April 13, 2009

Brussels

So I have been in Brussels over Easter weekend. The city is pretty touristy but not filled with lots of big sights to see. Its more like a relaxing city. I have spent time wandering through the streets and stopping in pubs with friends to try the belgium beers. Also, the chocolate is pretty good too...

I went out with some locals one night and we went to this chill little bar. It was very nice, just relaxing and then all of a sudden everyone starts pounding on the tables and the next thing I know the entire bar is climbing ontop of their tables and chairs dancing/ singing along with the music. This went on for the rest of the night until we left.

The next day I made a friend with another american from the hostel. He was pretty cool and it was nice to have someone to wander around and do the tourist thing with. The only downside of being here is since it was Easter weekend, and monday is a holiday day too, alot of things have been closed.

I am flying to Milan tomorrow and will then be in Italy for about the next 2-3 weeks. I will try to post again in a couple of days!!

Amy

No comments: